Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello 2010

Well, here we are. It's a new year. Doesn't seem much different. :-)

Last night I set about trying to put together my dedicated APRS setup. I have a Motorola M120 that I plan on mounting to the back of the truck cab behind the rear seat. Right now I'll be using battery power until I can re-run power to a distribution panel (probably a WMR Rigrunner). I whipped up an interface cable to go from the M120 mic jack and the TinyTrak serial connector. Everything rings out ok but I can't get the PTT to work. The TT3 shows the Tx indicator but the radio doesn't transmit.

We had somebody coming into town so unfortunately I didn't get to spend any time troubleshooting. I'm not sure if it's something with the Moto or possibly an issue with the settings I have for the TT3 config. I'm going to fiddle with it later today. That's my New Year's Day goal: get it working!

So that's it. Not a very exciting post to kick off the new year but at least it's something.

No comments: