Friday, January 1, 2010

Whole Hog Linux

Well, I bit the bullet and started jumping the Microsoft ship. I picked up a new hard drive after dinner and I'm now running Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit on my desktop. I also installed Vista to a VM like I did with the laptop. So far things are running pretty well.

It looks like the network issue I experienced with the laptop isn't just affecting the wireless. I don't have network access from the wired adapter in the desktop either. I need to do some more research.

I will have to say that I was very pleased with the seamless migration of the Firefox profile. In a matter of seconds all of my bookmarks, extensions, and customizations were in place on the new install. That's where I'm posting this from now. I'm looking forward to some increased stability.

I'm sure I'll have more later.

No comments: